As you may have noticed, I write book reviews. If you are an author or publisher and would like your book reviewed, I will do so in exchange for a free copy. I am willing to review both independent and traditional authors. However, you would do well to note what I am and am not interested in reading first.
I am interested in evangelical Christianity, the Bible, Christian living, discipleship, theology, and missiology. I will gladly accept academic books on any of those subjects. Other non-fiction works that interest me are history, politics, leadership, religion, and biography. If you have anything related to early US history, American Civil War, British history, church history (mainly related to the expansion of Christianity), or American presidential politics, I would be very interested. In fiction, I am interested in Sci-Fi, fantasy, historical fiction, and mystery. If you think your poetry is interesting and well-written, I will read that as well.
However, there are certain things that no matter how good you think it is, I have no interest in reading. They are:
- Romance (with my wife, yes–but I am not interested in anyone else’s)
- Erotica (don’t bother asking me to read it)
- Anything that tears down any group of people (I don’t mind reading why you may disagree with the ideas and opinions of others–but I am not interested in attacks, snark, and bashing of others)
- Conspiracy theories
- Amish Romance (Just no–for the sake of all that is good in this world, no)
- Paranormal Romance (Ugh!)
- Perhaps you’ve noticed the pattern–NO ROMANCE!
- Slasher Horror
With those parameters in mind, if you would like to submit something to me for review, please contact me through a message on twitter. My twitter handle is @randy_rkj1990. You may also leave a comment with your contact information below. Please give me a brief synopsis and the number of pages. If I have time to read it, I will let you know how to get the book to me. I am will read it in either print or electronic format. You do not have to pay me anything. I only ask for a free copy and the freedom to give an honest review, good or bad.